Monday, August 24, 2009

A new Grails powered site launched

A new Grails powered site launched last Friday: GroovyLive, which is a simple groovy console with a simple tutorial.
Here are features of this simple Grails App:
  • Hosted on Google's GAE
  • Script history
  • Supporting hotkey. You can find these keys though the tooptips of the buttons of console.
  • A simple Groovy tutorial, although not including Groovy MOP.
  • The tutorial is intractive. You can try the script included in tutorial in a command shell, and the content will be the next chapter when the result of that script matches the answer.
It is powerd by:
Since English is not my native language, if there are some error in my tutorial, pls point it to me.
Thanks.

9 comments:

hansamann said...

First thought it is a copy of the groovy web console, but I must say the tutorial character of this app really blew me away. Gonna be happy to feature this in the next grailspodcast.com show.

Thanx
Sven

foxgem said...

Thanks, hansamann. Pls do it.

Dierk said...

congratulations! Very nice!

Robby O'Connor said...

Should consider open sourcing this :)

Guillaume Laforge said...

This is an "evolution" of the Groovy Web Console I was thinking about... but you've gone pretty far and I won't try to compete! Well done!

foxgem said...

@Robert O'Connor
Yes, I will, but not know ;)

Robby O'Connor said...

Why not?! Isn't it about teaching others through your work?!

At least that's how I view OSS.. =)

foxgem said...

@Robert O'Connor
Sorry for my spelling error. What I really mean is:
Yes, I will, but not now(sorry for know). Before I opensource it, I will add some other features and codereview it, ;)
thx for your reply.

Robby O'Connor said...

eh, okies I'm not gonna pressure you. and re: your spelling error i knew what you meant :)